Secret Valley was set up by wife and husband team, Ann & John O’Connor, initially as an adventure farm in May 2007. Since then, it has grown from strength to strength. Over the years, following sponsorship, expansion and continued development driven by their passion for wildlife and nature, Secret Valley has transformed itself into a Wildlife Park.
The Kennedy Homestead, birthplace of President John F. Kennedy’s great-grandfather Patrick Kennedy, celebrates the story of five generations of the Kennedy dynasty which is still farmed by his descendants.
Wallaces of Wellingtonbridge provide all your shopping requirements
Ballyhack Castle is located on a steep slope in a commanding position overlooking Waterford estuary. The castle, a large tower house, is thought to have been built circa 1450 by the Knights Hospitallers of St. John, one of the two great military orders founded at the beginning of the twelfth century at the time of the Crusades. The Castle can be seen from the Passage East Car Ferry.
Londis Supermarket, Fethard-on-Sea. Open 7 days a week.
Floods Centra Supermarket and Fuel Merchants, Ramsgrange.
These three looped walks start from the trailhead at Tintern Abbey, and offer a variety of scenery and historical features along the routes.
This is a magnificent park showcasing plants of international standing with 4,500 types of trees and shrubs from all temperate regions of the world. There is also a fine Visitor Centre, displays a permanent exhibition on the life and achievements of the late President John F. Kennedy. For our visitors we also have pleasant Tearooms, a terrific Playground and a picnic area, a miniature railway (seasonal), a variety of signposted walks and a pony and trap service.
These peaceful spiritual gardens are beautifully laid out around a pretty georgian house overlooking the river Barrow. Topiary, lawns, herbaceous and mixed plantings combine with architectural features and ornaments to provide an enchanting series of enclosures.
The walled garden was built by the Colclough Family in the early Nineteenth Century. Restoration work began in July 2010 and the original layout of the garden has been reinstated as it was in 1838.