Situated next to the harbour in the village of Slade on the opposite side of the peninsula to the famous Hook Lighthouse, this is a lovely sheltered beach from which to watch the comings and goings from the harbour.
Recently a safe swimming zone has been created with the installation of two, yellow buoys. Slade swimming club can be found regularly using this space.
The castle in Slade which overlooks the beach and harbour was originally built in the 1400s by the Laffin family who were some of the first wave of settlers after the 1169 and 1170 Anglo-Norman invasion.
The origin of name Slade is most probably from the Old English word for glen or valley which accurately describes the landscape. The valley is formed by the only stream present on the peninsula which runs out into the harbour.